Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

The New Theatre Season Begins

Now that summer is over and school is back in session, it’s time for most community theatre groups to announce (or decide on) their fall and spring productions.

(Many theatre groups base their season on the traditional school schedule, September through May.)

So here are the shows I’ve tracked down so far - and I’ll hopefully have lots more information about these as their show dates draw near. Please let me know about any shows I’ve missed (and I’m sure there are plenty) - email them to me at TheMinskers@aol.com.

The list so far:

First Stage Theatre:
Nov. - Into the Woods
March ‘10 - You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown and Snoopy!
May ‘10 - The First Day of Summer by Jonathan Joy

5th Avenue Theatre Co.:
Sept. - Guns and Hoses Benefit Concert
Oct. - Man of La Mancha

Marshall University Theatre Dept.:
Oct. - Waiting for Lefty
Nov. - Almost Maine
Dec. - Christmas Gala Performance
Feb. ‘10 - Born Yesterday
April ‘10 - Our Country’s Good

Marshall Artist’s Series:
Nov. - Avenue Q
Nov. - The Rat Pack is Back! – Here For The Holidays
Feb. ‘10 - An Evening with Lucille Ball: “Thank You for Asking”
Feb. ‘10 - Cats
April ’10 - Michael Flatley’s Lord of the Dance

Red Lion Theatre Co. (Ashland):
Oct. - The Pillowman

Charleston Light Opera Guild:
Oct. - Peter Pan

Charleston Stage Co.:
Oct. - The Two Gentlemen of Verona
Dec. - Underneath the Lintel

Kanawha Players:
Oct. - Dial “M” for Murder
Dec. - Miracle on 34th Street
Feb. - Twelve Angry Men
April - A Raisin in the Sun
June - The Complete Works of Shakespeare (Abridged)

Children’s Theatre of Charleston:
Oct. - Jungle Book
Dec. - Ebenezer
March - Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court

And that's all I have - it looks like a great season to me!

4 comments:

zach davis said...

actc doing blood brothers... i gave u their season remember

Chuck Minsker said...

Ack! I knew I was forgetting something! I'll post it ASAP - sorry about that!

Mel Larch said...

Contemporary Youth Arts Company
"The Blob"
September 24 - October 3

Chuck Minsker said...

Thanks, Mel (and sorry about overlooking that show)! I'll post that to the main page.