Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Shrek the Musical Closes in January

Apparently the big green ogre will be shutting down on Broadway in a few more months.

According to this story in Playbill:
Shrek the Musical will play its final performance at the Broadway Theatre on Jan. 3, 2010, following 441 performances and 37 previews.
I'd heard mostly good things about the show, but I guess there aren't enough ogre fans to keep the show going.

Zach will be heartbroken!

1 comment:

zach davis said...

My heart aches with this sad news...Broadway will never be the same...at least it had a good run with the Awards department!!! I can at least say I saw it two days prior to it's opening...now if I can just afford one more hoorah to see it