Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

"As You Like It" Interview with Joanna Berner Murdock

   Just three days to the premiere of Shakespeare’s As You Like It, and here’s our fourth interview with the cast and crew!

    Today’s interview is with the lovely and talented Joanna Berner Murdock, who plays two roles - Rosalind and Ganymede.

Q: Tell us about Shakespeare’s As You Like It.

Joanna: As You Like It is one of Shakespeare’s comedies. It’s a play about exile, about forests, about fools, about poetry (good and bad), and about love.

Q: How does the show relate to modern-day audiences?

Joanna: I think the show relates to modern audiences because it’s a timeless story. Boy and girl meet, they like and then they love. Who doesn’t like to see multiple pairs of lovers in love? It’s like a live action Hallmark movie times 10!

Q: What's your background in theatre?

Joanna: I developed an interest in theatre when I was a kid, started doing all the local theatre I could and I never stopped. I liked it so much I majored in it in college - I have a BFA in Acting from UK. I have been in the ARTS resident company since 2013.

Q: Tell us about the cast.

Joanna: The cast and crew of As You Like It is made of wonderful, special, talented people that I love. This show would not have been possible if not for the talents of every single person involved.

Q: Why did you want to be part of this show?

Joanna: This is my second experience performing As You Like It - I played Phebe almost 8 years ago (yikes - time flies). I auditioned for ARTS production because I was interested in doing the show again - but maybe from another character’s prospective.

Q: Why would you recommend this show?

Joanna: I recommend this show because I think there’s something in the show for everyone. Also because it’s less fun to perform for empty seats.

Q: And how do you like it?

Joanna: How do I like it, you ask? I like it the most. I also like it well done, with sprinkles, and with the salad dressing on the side. J  

   Thanks, Joanna!


   As You Like It by William Shakespeare will be presented at the ARTS Renaissance Ballroom at 900 8th Street in Huntington on Jan. 22, 23, 28, 29 and 30 at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15 for the show only, and $30 for dinner and show - for dinner, you must make a reservation by calling 304-733-2787.

No comments: