Happy New Year!
As you'd expect, January is a slow month for community theatre (though there are lots of auditions on tap - we'll have a rundown tomorrow) - but there are several excellent shows to track down.
Here's the list:
- As You Like It by William Shakespeare - Arts Resources for the Tri State (ARTS) present the classic play at the ARTS Renaissance Ballroom at 900 8th Street in Huntington on Jan. 22, 23, 28, 29 and 30 at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15 for the show only, and $30 for dinner and show - for dinner, you must make a reservation by calling 304-733-2787.
- The Belle of Amherst - The Paramount Arts Center presents the play based on the life of poet Emily Dickinson. It’ll be presented on Jan. 22 and 23 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $16 for adults and $12 for students.
- Moonlight and Magnolias - Jenny Wiley Theatre presents the play about the struggle to write the screenplay for the movie “Gone With the Wind.” The show will be presented at 218 Second Street in Pikeville, Ky, on Jan. 21, 22, 26, 28, 29, 30 and Feb. 4, 5 and 6 at 7:30 p.m.
- The 39 Steps - Actors Guild of Parkersburg presents the play at 724 Market Street in Parkersburg on Jan. 15, 16, 22 and 23 at 8 p.m., and Jan. 17 and 24 at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults and $13 for senior citizens and students.
- Murder at the Opera - Murder and Merriment presents an interactive murder mystery at the Greenhouse of Teays Valley in Hurricane, W.Va. Tickets are available by reservation only - call 304-397-6316. Tickets are $45 per guest.
And that's it! So get out there and support your community theatre!