Taking local stages this weekend are - well, lots of shows, as the summer heats up!
Here's the rundown:
- The Wizard of Oz - HART in the Park presents the musical based on the film at the Ritter Park Amphitheater in Huntington on June 17, 18, 19, 24, 25 and 26 at 8:30 p.m. Gates open at 7 p.m., Children's Preshow at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults, $12 for children and senior citizens.
- The Wiz - the Charleston Light Opera Guild presents the musical based on “The Wizard of Oz” on June 17, 18, 24 and 25 at 7:30 p.m. and June 19 and 26 at 2 p.m. at the Charleston Civic Center Little Theatre at One Civic Center Drive. Tickets are $25 each - reserved seating.
- Disney's Beauty and the Beast - The Aracoma Story presents the musical at Chief Logan State Park in Logan, WV on June 17, 18, 19, 23, 24, 25 and 26 at 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $11 for adults, $9 for senior citizens, and $5 for children.
- The Little Theatre's Production of Hamlet - Kanawha Players presents the play by Jean Battlo at the Labelle Theatre at 311 D Street in South Charleston, WV, on June 17. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for students and senior citizens.
- School Girl Zombies from Hell High - Contemporary Youth Arts Company (CYAC) presents the original musical with music by Mark Scarpelli, book and lyrics by Dan Kehde. It will be presented at the WVSU Capitol Center Theater at 123 Summers Street in Charleston on June 16, 17, 18, 23, 24 and 25 at 8 p.m. and June 19 at 2 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults and $8 for students and senior citizens.
- Mary Poppins - Jenny Wiley Theatre presents the beloved musical on June 17, 18, 23, 24 and 25 at 8:15 p.m. at the Jenny Wiley Amphitheatre in Prestonsburg, Ky. Tickets are $30 / $18 / $13.
So get out there and enjoy some community theatre!