The summer is winding down, and you have several great shows to choose from in the month ahead.
Here’s the rundown:
- A Catered Affair - ARTS presents the musical on Aug. 11, 12, 17, 18 and 19 at the Renaissance Theatre Ballroom at 900 8th Street in Huntington. General Admission is $15 show only and $30 for dinner and show.
- Xanadu, Jr. - The Summer Theater Camp sponsored by the Barboursville Convention and Visitors Bureau will present the musical on Aug. 4 and 5 at 7:30 p.m. at the Barboursville Park Amphitheater. Tickets are $5.
- Anything Goes - The Charleston Light Opera Guild presents the classic musical about an amazing cruise on Aug. 4 and 5 at 8 p.m. and July 30 and Aug. 6 at 3 p.m. at the Charleston Light Opera Guild Theatre.
- One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - Kanawha Players presents the play at two locations: at the Dinner Theatre at Tamarack in Beckley on Aug. 4 and 5 - dinner at 6:30 p.m., show at 8 p.m.; and at the Charleston Civic Center Little Theater at One Civic Center Drive on Aug 18, 19, 25 and 26 at 8 p.m., and Aug. 20 and 27 at 2 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for senior citizens and students.
- Grease - The Aracoma Story Inc. presents the beloved musical on Aug. 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19 and 20 at 8:30 p.m. at the Liz Spurlock Amphitheater in Chief Logan State Park in Logan, W.Va.
- Carmilla - Crooked Letter Creative and Astral Theatre Collective present the play on Aug. 11, 12, 18 and 19 at 8 p.m. at the Alban Arts Center at 65 Olde Main Plaza in St. Albans, W.Va. (Horror Genre. Contains strong imagery. Viewer discretion advised.) Tickets are $15 each.
- Toad Wife - Appalachian Artists Collective - Theatre for Young Audiences present the World Premiere of the play on Aug. 25, 26 and 27 and Sept. 1, 2 and 3 at 8 p.m. at the St Albans City Park Amphitheater. Tickets are $12 for children ages 4 and up, and $15 for adults. Families with two adults and two children for only $40!
Tickets can be purchased at the door. Seating is general admission, first come, first served.
- Tarzan - Jenny Wiley Theatre presents the play based onAug, 2, 3, 4 and 5 at 8:15 p.m. at the Jenny Wiley Theatre at 121 Theatre Court in Prestonsburg, Ky.
So get out and see a show!