Some great shows are taking the stage this weekend, including happy musicals and scary plays!
Here's the rundown:
- A Catered Affair - ARTS presents the musical on Aug. 11, 12, 17, 18 and 19 at the Renaissance Theatre Ballroom at 900 8th Street in Huntington. General Admission is $15 show only and $30 for dinner and show.
- Carmilla - Crooked Letter Creative and Astral Theatre Collective present the play on Aug. 11, 12, 18 and 19 at 8 p.m. at the Alban Arts Center at 65 Olde Main Plaza in St. Albans, W.Va. (Horror Genre. Contains strong imagery. Viewer discretion advised.) Tickets are $15 each.
- Big Fish - The Actors Guild of Parkersburg presents the musical based on the film Aug. 11 and 12 at 7 p.m. at 724 Market Street in Parkersburg. Tickets are $18 for adults and $16 for students and senior citizens.
- Shadowman - Contemporary Youth Arts Company presents the play by Dan Kehde Aug 11, 12, 17, 18 and 19 at 8 p.m. at the WVSU Capitol Center Theater at 123 Summers Street in Charleston. (The play is adult themed and not suitable for children.) Tickets are $15 for adults and $8 for students.
- Grease - The Aracoma Story Inc. presents the beloved musical on Aug. 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19 and 20 at 8:30 p.m. at the Liz Spurlock Amphitheater in Chief Logan State Park in Logan, W.Va.
So go see a show!