Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Busy Weekend

Well, I had several posts planned for this weekend, but events kept me on the move, so I'll try to catch up over the next couple of days. To recap:

- I saw "The Diary of Anne Frank" on Saturday, and what an amazing and moving production it was. I'll have a full review soon, but I'm so glad I got to see it - not just because it was an outstanding production filled with great performances, but also because it may have been my last chance to catch the wonderful and talented Autumn Seavey on a local stage - she's graduating!

- Don't forget that the Marshall Artists Series production of "The Guys" starts up tomorrow and runs through May 2 at 8:00 p.m. at the Francis Booth Experimental Theatre. It stars two local professional actors - Jack Cirillo and Beth McVey - and promises to be a powerful presentation.

- Marshall's Dept. of Theatre has also announced its lineup for the upcoming season, and it includes "Little Shop of Horrors" and "The Merry Wives of Windsor."

- I wanted to thank my pal Mark Hayes - he let me tag along as we made a trip to Columbus today to catch the touring show of "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee," a terrific show I reviewed right here.

Hope you had a great weekend, too!

No comments: