Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Friday, May 06, 2011

Another "Titanic" Interview

Here's another e-interview with the cast of Titanic the Musical, which wraps up its run this weekend at Huntington's City Hall.

This time around, let's hear from my pal Ron Short, who plays the part of Harold Bride, the telegraph operator on the Titanic:

Q: For those who aren't familiar with the show, tell us about Titanic.


Ron: Titanic the Musical is based on the real people and events that took place on the sinking ship almost 100 years ago, NOT THE ROSE AND JACK fictional story!

Q: This is a huge show - big set, big event. How does that make it challenging for the cast?

Ron: The most challenging thing for the cast in this show is the music. The show is basically an opera. There is some dialog but much of the show is through written, music is happening almost all of the time, and much of it is difficult to perform.

Q: Why did you want to be part of this show?

Ron: I saw the National touring company performance several years ago when it was at the Keith-Albee and I really enjoyed it. I am a professional musician, teacher, and I was most attracted to the music in the show and the fact that I am also fascinated with history.

Q: What's your favorite part of the show?

Ron: My favorite part of the show is the musical number I get to do with Edgar Barrett, played by Josh Jonatta. It's a wonderful song and very emotional.

Q: Why would you urge everyone out there to attend?

Ron: I think that anyone with an interest in history and particularly about the events surrounding the sinking of the Titanic would really enjoy the show.

No comments: