Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

"Julius Caesar" Interview #5


   You’re running out of chances to catch performances of the play Julius Caesar - there are two shows left: one Friday, and one Saturday at Huntington’s Renaissance Theatre.

   But we still have a few interviews to share! Next up is Chelsey Nicole Keathley, who wears many hats in the show - she’s a Roman citizen, a member of the press, Publius, and Octavius' intern. 

Q: In 25 words or less, what is the story behind the play Julius Caesar?

Chelsey: Julius Caesar is a tragedy by William Shakespeare. The play tells the story of Caesar's powerful leadership over Rome and then his fall from power! 

Q: Why did you want to be part of this show? 

Chelsey: I wanted to be a part of this show because I had heard nothing but good things about ARTs and thought it would be a good place to do a show. I was right, ARTs is a wonderful place filled with wonderful people! 

Q: What's your theatre background, and why do you enjoy doing community theatre shows? 

Chelsey: This is only my second show in community theater. My first being CUP's Dracula: The Musical. I love doing shows because its fun and I have met some great people!

Q: Why would you recommend this show?

Chelsey: Six big screen TVs, and blood! Need I say more?

Q: Biggest challenge to this show?

Chelsey: The biggest challenge for me has been everything! Learning to act is a new experience and this show has given me some places to learn to grow. Mike Murdock is an amazing director and I appreciate the opportunity he has given me.

Q: Why Shakespeare?

Chelsey: It's classic but still relevant, as you will see if you come to the show!

Thanks, Chelsey! The show runs March 22 and 23 at 8 p.m. at the Huntington Renaissance Theatre, 900 8th Street in Huntington.

No comments: