Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

"Julius Caesar" Interview #6


   The countdown is on to the final two shows for Julius Caesar - and we’re also counting down our final interviews with the cast of that show!

   This time out, Jinnie Knight provides some answers. She plays the role of Cimber, the only female Conspirator/Senator. 

Q: In 25 words or less, what is the story behind the play Julius Caesar?

Jinnie:  Never be so arrogant that you compare yourself to the Northern Star, it makes those around you want to stab you in the back!   

Q: Why did you want to be part of this show?

Jinnie:  I wanted to be a part of this show because I saw Macbeth back in the Fall of 2012 and knew that Mike Murdock was a very creative Director and brought his own unique ideas to the Shakespearean Stage.  

Q: What's your theatre background, and why do you enjoy doing community theatre shows? 

Jinnie:  My Theatre background is very limited. I was active in plays in my hometown Community Theatre in Madison, WV called Appalachian Community Theatre and in college i was a member of the Improv Children's Theatre Troop the Pied Pipers.
  
Q: Why would you recommend this show?

Jinnie:  I would definitely recommend this show to anyone who wants to see something different. It has a very modern twist to a classic piece of literature.

Q: Biggest challenge to this show?

Jinnie:  The biggest challenge to this show for me has been being the only woman in a very man's world. I am a nurse in real life and it is in my nature to nurture those around me, so playing the part of a woman who plots with her male colleagues to commit murder, even though it is for the love of country, was very challenging for me.  When we first started staging the murder scene, we practiced with plastic knives and at first it didn't seem too difficult. But, the night that our fight choreographer Mike Naglee introduced us to the very real knives we would be using, i became physically sick. Suddenly the realization of what we were planning became tangible, that's when I really became Cimber.  

Q: Why Shakespeare?

Jinnie: Shakespeare for even the best actor is an amazing challenge, so for someone like me it is a very humbling experience and I feel truly blessed to be working with and learning from so many talented people. 

Q: Tell us show dates, times, place. 

Jinnie:  The show dates are March 22 and 23 at 8 p.m. each night at the Huntington Renaissance Theatre, 900 8th St. Huntington, WV. See you there and watch your back! 

Thanks, Jinnie!

No comments: