Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Final Performance for "The Man Who Came to Dinner"


    I try not to fill these posts with just information about shows that I'm involved with, but I have to take a moment to give one last "shout-out" for the play that wraps up tonight: The Man Who Came to Dinner.

   What a wonderful experience it has been to be part of a show with this dedicated and hard-working group of talented actors! I joined the play (taking on the small but fun role of Dr. Bradley) at the request of my dear friend, director Gene Anthony, and it's been a blast.

   I've made new friends and I've learned so much from this gifted group of actors and directors that ARTS has assembled.

   It's also been great to hang around "old" friends like: Mike Murdock, who's amazing in the title role (he's onstage virtually the entire show); Eric Wilson, who's a scream as an eccentric visitor; Greg Kiser, who's pitch-perfect in the vital role of the butler; Luke Hagley, who was a prince (literally) in the last show I directed; and Linda Reynolds, who I simply adore.

   It's also been wonderful to make new friends with cast members who I've admired on stage in other productions, and I have been delighted to work with them in the course of this show.

   The play itself is so much fun - a classic comedy set in the 1930s, loaded with funny moments, delightful characters and loads of trivia (and as a fan of trivia, I have to admit that this name-dropping show throws out references even I don't get).

   It's been a real honor to be able to work on this show, and I'm proud to recommend it to you. The set is terrific, the costumes are wonderful, and the cast is amazing. I confidently predict you'll have a great time!

   Your last chance to catch the show is tonight at 8 p.m. at the old Huntington High School at 900 8th Street - hope to see you there!

No comments: