Lots of theatre on tap in the shortest month of the year - here’s the rundown:
- Our Town - ARTS presents the classic play by Thornton Wilder at the Renaissance Ballroom at 900 8th Street in Huntington. The show runs Feb. 6 and 7 at 8 p.m. and Feb. 8 at 2 p.m. Tickets are $15 for the Show Only,$30 for dinner and the show. Reservations are required for dinner - call 304-733-2787.
- Once On This Island, Jr. - First Stage presents the musical based on the story of "The Litttle Mermaid" by Hans Christian Andersen at the Renaissance Ballroom at 900 8th Street in Huntington. The show runs Feb. 27 and 28 and Mar 6 and 7 at 7:30 p.m., and March 1 and 8 at 2 p.m. Tickets are $12 for adults and $10 for children 12 and under. Tickets are available at the door or may be reserved by calling 304-416-5437.
- Cabaret - Marshall Theatre Alliance will present the Broadway musical Feb. 18 - 21 and 26 - 28 at 7:30 p.m. and March 1 at 2 p.m. at the Joan C. Edwards Performing Arts Center's Francis-Booth Experimental Theatre. Tickets are $20 for adults, $15 for faculty and seniors, and is free to full-time MU students with valid ID.
- Dave Barry's Complete Guide to Guys - First Church Dinner Theater presents the production on Feb. 13 and 14 - the dinner is at 6:30 p.m., and the show is at 8 p.m. It will be presented at First United Methodist Church at 1124 5th Avenue in Huntington. Tickets for dinner and the show are: adult: $25 / children under 12 $8. Tickets for the show only (as space permits): $6. Babysitting is available on request for all shows (advance notice required). Reservations are required for all dinners: call 304-522-0357 or 740-867-8576 or go to email@example.com.
- Puccini’s La Boheme - Marshall Artists Series presents the classic opera Feb. 10 at 7:30 p.m. at the Keith Albee Performing Arts Center.
- Anything Goes! - Marshall Artists Series presents the touring Broadway musical Feb. 23 at 7:30 p.m. at the Keith Albee Performing Arts Center.
- Dancing With Grace - CYAC presents the play by Dan Kehde at the WVSU Capitol Center Theatre at 123 Summers Street in Charleston. The show runs Feb. 5, 6 and 7 at 8 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults and $8 for students and seniors.
- The Marvelous Wonderettes - Portsmouth Little Theatre presents the musical on Feb. 13, 14, 20 and 21 at 7:30 p.m., and Feb. 15 and 22 at 2 p.m. The show will be presented at the theatre at 1117 Lawson Street in Portsmouth. Tickets are $15 each, $12 for seniors and students.
- Brilliant Traces - Alban Arts Center presents the play on Feb. 13, 14, 20 and 21at 8 p.m., and Feb. 15 and 22 at 2 p.m. at the Alban Arts Center at 65 Olde Main Street in Saint Albans. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for students and seniors.
- The Lion in Winter - Limelight Theatre Company presents the play on Feb. 20, 21, 27 and 28 at 8 p.m. and Feb. 21 and 28 at 2 p.m. at the WVSU Capitol Center Theater at 123 Summers Street in Charleston. All tickets are $16.
- Pinkalicious - Jenny Wiley Theatre presents the play through Feb. 7.
- Hamlet - Jenny Wiley Theatre presents the Shakespeare play Feb. 19 through March 1.
- Pontypool - M.T. Pockets Theatre Company presents the performance on Feb. 13, 14, 19, 20 and 21 at 8 p.m. at 1390 1/2 University Avenue in Morgantown. Tickets are $15 for adults, $13 for seniors, and $10 for students. For Mature Audiences.
- Murder Mysteries - Music, Murder, & Mayhem present Interactive Murder Dinner Parties, including: Feb 7 at 7 p.m., a Fundraiser for Brethern Care Village at 2140 Center Street, Ashland, Ohio. Tickets by Reservation Only: 419-289-1585, ext 420. Tickets are $60 per Guest or $100 per couple; “Another Fistful of Bullets!” on Feb. 13 at 7 p.m. at EZ Street at 720 N. Winfield Road in St. Albans.Tickets are by Reservation Only: 304-204-2455. Tickets are $35 per Guest; "Music, Murder & Mayhem!" on Feb. 14 at 6:45 p.m. at Greenbo Lake State Resort Park in Greenup, Ky. Tickets are by reservation only. Call 1-800-325-0083. Tickets are $40 per Guest - overnight packages are available.
Whew! Lots to see! So get out there and support your community theatre!