Lots of great shows on stage this weekend, from a Calypso version of a classic tale to a cutting-edge take on a Broadway smash - and much more!
Here's the rundown:
- Once On This Island, Jr. - First Stage presents the musical based on the story of "The Litttle Mermaid" by Hans Christian Andersen at the Renaissance Ballroom at 900 8th Street in Huntington. The show runs Feb. 27 and 28 and Mar 6 and 7 at 7:30 p.m., and March 1 and 8 at 2 p.m. Tickets are $12 for adults and $10 for children 12 and under. Tickets are available at the door or may be reserved by calling 304-416-5437.
- Cabaret - Marshall Theatre Alliance will present the Broadway musical Feb. 27 - 28 at 7:30 p.m. and March 1 at 2 p.m. at the Joan C. Edwards Performing Arts Center's Francis-Booth Experimental Theatre. Tickets are $20 for adults, $15 for faculty and seniors, and is free to full-time MU students with valid ID.
- The Lion in Winter - Limelight Theatre Company presents the play on Feb. 27 and 28 at 8 p.m. and Feb. 28 at 2 p.m. at the WVSU Capitol Center Theater at 123 Summers Street in Charleston. All tickets are $16.
- Hamlet - Jenny Wiley Theatre presents the Shakespeare play Feb. 19 through March 1.
- Bat Boy the Musical - Shawnee State University Department of Theatre and Dance present the musical Feb. 27 and 28 at 7:30 p.m. at the Vern Riffe Center For The Arts at 940 Second Street in Portsmouth, Ohio. Tickets are $15.75 for adults and $13.75 for seniors and University Staff.
So get out there and support your local theatre!