The weather is always the Sword of Damocles hanging over every production - and this week, the Tri-state was hit hard by heavy snowfall. Hopefully the streets will be clear enough by the weekend to allow productions to go on as planned!
Here's the rundown of terrific shows on tap this weekend:
- Cabaret - Marshall Theatre Alliance will present the Broadway musical Feb. 18 - 21 and 26 - 28 at 7:30 p.m. and March 1 at 2 p.m. at the Joan C. Edwards Performing Arts Center's Francis-Booth Experimental Theatre. Tickets are $20 for adults, $15 for faculty and seniors, and is free to full-time MU students with valid ID.
- Anything Goes! - Marshall Artists Series presents the touring Broadway musical Feb. 23 at 7:30 p.m. at the Keith Albee Performing Arts Center.
- The Marvelous Wonderettes - Portsmouth Little Theatre presents the musical on Feb. 20 and 21 at 7:30 p.m., and Feb. 22 at 2 p.m. The show will be presented at the theatre at 1117 Lawson Street in Portsmouth. Tickets are $15 each, $12 for seniors and students.
- Brilliant Traces - Alban Arts Center presents the play on Feb. 20 and 21 at 8 p.m., and Feb. 22 at 2 p.m. at the Alban Arts Center at 65 Olde Main Street in Saint Albans. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for students and seniors.
- The Lion in Winter - Limelight Theatre Company presents the play on Feb. 20, 21, 27 and 28 at 8 p.m. and Feb. 21 and 28 at 2 p.m. at the WVSU Capitol Center Theater at 123 Summers Street in Charleston. All tickets are $16. (NOTE: Due to the weather, this show has been postponed to next weekend.)
- Hamlet - Jenny Wiley Theatre presents the Shakespeare play Feb. 19 through March 1.
- Pontypool - M.T. Pockets Theatre Company presents the performance on Feb. 19, 20 and 21 at 8 p.m. at 1390 1/2 University Avenue in Morgantown. Tickets are $15 for adults, $13 for seniors, and $10 for students. For Mature Audiences.