Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Monday, October 09, 2006

The Age of Aquarius

I realize that (especially to my sons) I'm an old-timer, and I actually am old enough to remember the musical "Hair" being both a bit hit and the source of controversy. In the late '60s I was attending Hayes Junior High School and I remember our choir singing a song from the show: "Aquarius" (which had also become a pop hit). Of course, at the time I was too young to get my parent's approval to see "Hair" on stage, even if it were being presented anywhere around St. Albans (which it wasn't).

Kudos to Marshall's Department of Theatre for having the courage to tackle a musical as challenging and (potentially) controversial as this one. Tuesday night they'll run their dress rehearsal, and then Wednesday it'll be the real deal. I'm looking forward to it - and Mom said it was ok for me to go. If only I still had a pair of bellbottoms.

No comments: