Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Man Who Wasn't There

Many apologies for the light blogging this weekend, but I was out of town - the family and I went to Chicago to visit my son Evan, who attends college in the Windy City (which is, I must say, a wonderful town).

But don’t think I abandoned you completely - while there, my lovely wife Jeanette and I saw “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee,” the musical that was last year’s darling at the Tonys. I’ll have a review later this week.

I trust you got out to see one or both of the shows that just wrapped up here in Huntington - both “Hair” and “Fiddler on the Roof” were great shows. Coming up this weekend is First Stage Theatre Company’s production of “The Three Musketeers,” and that show features several firsts - which I’ll also be telling you about later this week. But be warned - unlike most First Stage shows, this one runs one weekend only - so make room in your schedule!

1 comment:

Chuck Minsker said...

Well, I only missed one of the two. I saw "Hair" on Wednesday night (and loved it), and planned to sneak into "Fiddler's" Thursday night dress rehearsal, but they outsmarted me and held a school show in the morning instead. I left town Friday and, sadly, couldn't get back in time to see "Fiddler." My loss - but thanks for the mini-review, marshallmark!