Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9 / 11

It's a sobering day as always, looking back at the terrible events that unfolded six years ago today.

I was home that morning and got a news bulletin on my computer saying a plane had crashed into one of the Trade Towers. I assumed it was a small plane lost in the morning fog. "Just like when a plane crashed into the Empire State Building years ago," I thought. I turned on the TV to find live shots of smoke pouring out of one tower, and immediately noticed how clear and blue the sky was. "How could any pilot crash like that on a clear morning?" I wondered. I stepped out of the room for a minute, and when I returned, the second plane had crashed, and it was obvious that this wasn't just an accident. Later we learned about the crash at the Pentagon and in a field in Pennsylvania.

I hope we can all take a moment today to remember the innocent victims of that terrible day, and hope that our loved ones never have to face that kind of horror again.

No comments: