Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Did I Err?

Well, it wouldn't be the first time. Apparently Daily Variety and I both had it wrong (or MTV changed its mind), but Legally Blonde (the Broadway show) was not aired yesterday, as originally announced.

According to this story on Broadway.com, MTV has announced the premiere date for its filmed version of Legally Blonde will be Saturday, October 13, 2007, at 1:00 p.m.

Sorry about that, chief!

2 comments:

Angela Henderson-Bentley said...

I was starting to wonder why MTV wasn't giving this any hype whatsoever.

But I'm also wondering why they would waste the premiere on a Saturday afternoon. I would hope they've got a bigger splash planned at some point.

Chuck Minsker said...

Angela, I was wondering the same thing. Supposedly MTV saw this as a "High School Musical"-type show that would appeal to young viewers. So why are they burying an expensive show like this on a Saturday afternoon? Perhaps you're right, and they plan to build it up - I believe they are planning repeated showings.