Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Briefs and Shorts

My pal Mike Murdock sent this information in a recent comment, but I wanted to print it here as well- it's about a show coming up next week you'll want to see:
Next week sees the return of the Kanawha Players' Briefs and Shorts, which brings to you short plays, new and veteran actors alike, new directors and even new, original plays from area playwrights!

The show will be next Thursday, September 27 - one night only - at 8:00 p.m. at the Charleston Ballet building on Virginia Street (across the street from City National Bank - where you can park, I might add) and tickets are just $5.00!

Jon Joy has a new 10-minute play being performed for the very first time called The War On Halloween, starring Mike Murdock and Jen McComas.

For anyone that saw Joy's The Prayer List, Mike is once again playing the character of "Mark", who previously held quite a grudge against Christmas.

2 comments:

Sanctuary said...

I was able to check out Kanawha Players' "Briefs and Shorts" last night, and I wanted to give a shout out and 2 thumbs up to Jon Joy's 10 minute play, "The War on Halloween", featuring Mike Murdock and Jen McComas. It was the funniest 10 minutes I've seen in a while, and I was sorry to see the fade to black. Bravo! The short will be featured in a festival a couple weeks from now in NYC! Congrats to all involved. It was worth missing the premiere of "The Office"...That's what a DVR is for. You can't replay live theatre!

-Ryan

Chuck Minsker said...

I wish I could have seen it - I've heard nothing but great things about it! And some of those comments were from people other than Murdock - how about that?