Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

More on Cerveris

I finally got a chance to watch last week's episode of the Fox TV show Fringe, which featured Huntington's own Michael Cerveris, and his role was pivotal to the story.

He played the part of a mysterious man (well, we think he's a man) who has been spotted at the scene of a number of strange, unexplained incidents. Cerveris does a great job playing the part of an otherworldy figure.

If you missed the episode - it's called "The Arrival" - you can probably still catch it online at ABC's website, or a number of other video sites. Here's the promo from the episode, and you can catch Cerveris in several shots, starting at the beginning of the clip.



I'm not sure if his part is a continuing role - the new episode was on tonight, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. My beloved Tivo is holding it for me.

3 comments:

Sanctuary said...

Michael Cerveris was the first actor I saw portray Hedwig in "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" in NYC February of 1999. He had just taken over the role while John Cameron Mitchell was filming the movie. He does have a very alien-like presence. He was awesome. I was also on "Action News for Kids" with his brother Todd, although I think Michael was already grown and in NYC at the time. I never met him until 1999, but I'm definitely proud that he hails from Huntington!

Chuck Minsker said...

Ryan, I have this terrible feeling I've been mixing up Michael and Todd's local "careers." Didn't they both appear in community theatre performances in Huntington? I remember Todd being on "Action News for Kids," but was Michael on it, too? I'm so easily confused.

I don't understand why Huntington doesn't honor its stars - Michael's a huge Broadway star and doesn't hide the fact that he went to high school in Huntington. Brad Dourif's another successful star who gets little attention here. Same with Conchata Ferrell, who's on the top comedy show in America (Two and a Half Men). It's hard to figure.

Sanctuary said...

Hmmm...I don't know, to be honest. I was not into theatre until much later in life, and if Todd did local shows as well as Michael I was not aware at the time. I do think Todd did some film work later.

I agree. Mark and Beth McVey (deservedly so) get a lot of recognition, but you don't hear a lot about Michael Cerveris, Brad Douriff and Conchita Ferrell.

Mark and Beth still have strong family connections to the area. Not sure about the others.