Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

On Stage Tonight - "Jack" and "Bright"

Tonight is your last chance to catch these two shows in Charleston.

Playing tonight:

- The musical Jack the Ripper will be presented by the Contemporary Youth Arts Company at 8 p.m. tonight at the Capitol Theater at 1234 Summers Street in downtown Charleston. Tickets are $9.50 and $5.50 for students and seniors.

- Bright Ideas will be presented by the Kanawha Players at the Kanawha Players Theater at 309 Beauregard Street in Charleston tonight at 8 p.m. Tickets are $16 and $10.

Both shows have received rave reviews, so check 'em out!

5 comments:

Sanctuary said...

Chuck: Thank you for all you have done to help us get the word out about "Jack the Ripper". We had our final show last night and it was a great send off. We had fantastic audiences, and I appreciate you and all of the others that showed up to experience this piece of original theatre. I've never done anything quite like this, and I'm very proud of everyone involved. I will now be taking a break to pursue the most important role of my life... Fatherhood! Thanks again!

Len LaCara said...

Chuck: I know this is unrelated but did you know Michael Cerveris has a recurring role on "Fringe"?

Chuck Minsker said...

Ryan - hey, I'm glad to help out - the show deserved to be seen by a wide audience, and I'm glad to hear it was such a success. An impressive achievement! And best wishes on the upcoming addition to your family!

Len - I had no idea! Where have I been? I saw the first two episodes of "Fringe" and I have the third Tivo'd - but I had no idea he was on the show. Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

Chuck: Just want to add my thanks as well for your kind words and support of "Jack The Ripper". While I've been doing theatre for a long time, this is the first time I've ever originated a role and worked with the show's creators through the process. I feel so incredibly blessed to have had that opportunity. Thanks again to everyone involved and to those like you who supported us.

Chuck Minsker said...

Melanie - You're welcome! It's a rare treat to be part of a special show like that - glad to hear it was a rewarding experience!