Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

On Stage This Weekend - "My Funny Valentine"

If you're looking for a fun Valentine's Day event to take your sweetie to, check out Saturday morning's concert at the Clay Center.

Here's my pal Ryan Hardiman with the story about that and another event Saturday evening:
The West Virginia Symphony will present a Valentine's Day performance this Saturday, Feb. 14 at 11 a.m. as part of the Family Discovery Series.

The symphony will be doing some orchestral selections, including the waltz from Carousel, and suites from Phantom of the Opera and West Side Story, and my setlist includes:

"Soliloquy"from Carousel
"Music of the Night" from The Phantom Of The Opera
"My Funny Valentine" from Babes in Arms
"Can You Feel The Love Tonight?" from The Lion King
"Remember When It Rained" by Josh Groban
"This Is The Moment" from Jekyll & Hyde

Also, I'm told that after I perform "This Is the Moment", Rob Evan (who was the first person I saw perform the part of Jekyll/Hyde on Broadway!) will join me onstage and talk about having performed the role as a promo for his Broadway Rocks concert that night! I'm excited about the fact that he'll be in the audience for my performance (Talk about pressure!)

Here's the show information:

City National Bank
Family Discovery Series with
The West Virginia Symphony Orchestra presents
My Funny Valentine
featuring Symphony Idol Ryan Hardiman

Saturday, February 14, 2009
Concert at 11 a.m
Activities in the Grand Lobby begin at 10 a.m.

Maier Foundation Performance Hall
Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences,
One Clay Square
Charleston, WV 25301

General Admission Tickets:
Adults $10
Children $5

Box office will be open an hour before the concert with no additional service charge.

To buy tickets online ($2.50 service charge applies per ticket) go to:
https://tickets.theclaycenter.org/public/default.asp

Easy directions from Huntington:
Take I-64 East
Take exit 100 Broad St/Leon Sullivan Way
and merge into the left lane.
At end of exit ramp, you will see The Clay Center.
Turn left at US-60/Washington St E
Convenient parking next to the Clay Center.

Also, on Friday and Saturday night at 8 p.m., The WVSO presents Broadway Rocks! with Broadway veterans Rob Evan, Doug LaBrecque, Cheryl Freeman, Anne Runolffson and the WVSO Chorus
Friday and Saturday, February 13 & 14, 2009 at 8:00 p.m.

Maier Foundation Performance Hall
Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences,
One Clay Square
Charleston, WV 25301

Reserved Tickets $11.50 to $53.50

1 comment:

Sanctuary said...

Thanks for posting the info on Saturday's concert. I had rehearsal with the symphony last night, and I'm really looking forward to this...I'm grateful to have the chance to perform "Soliloquy", considered one of the most difficult songs in musical theatre. I'm glad I took that one on when asked to do it. It's been a challenge, and I feel good about it. Also, performing with Rob Evan in the audience is going to be a once in a lifetime treat.