Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Stephen's "Best of 2010" List

First up with his "Best of 2010" list is my pal Stephen Vance.

He writes:
I'm not going to do a full out best of list but here are some of the shows and performances I really enjoyed simply as an audience member (that doesn't get to happen much these days).

I had a blast at I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change. It was a ton of fun and a great show for the ballroom space at ARTS.

I loved Pirates of Penzance by the Charleston Light Opera Guild. I love Gilbert and Sullivan, and that genre seems to fit what they do up there so well.

My favorite of the Artist Series of last year was Lucille Ball: "Thank You For Asking" and the Mark McVey and Marvin Hamlisch show.

I won't pick a favorite performer of the year per se, but in my opinion there has been no one that has shown more variety or growth as a performer than my friend Dylan Clark. I only got to see him in three shows, but he was brilliant in each. Born Yesterday, Harvey and The Good Doctor. He definitely deserves mentioned for his work.

There was tons of other great theatre in the area but at the chance of forgetting to mention anyone or anything, I will stop here.

No comments: