Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"Children of Eden" Rehearsals

I haven't talked much about the Children of Eden rehearsals that are now underway. The First Stage Theatre Company show will be presented in April, so the cast has only been rehearsing for a couple of weeks - but they already sound great!

A disclaimer - I'm the "interim" producer for the show, along with co-producer Clint McElroy (work duties keep me from doing much more than helping out a bit). I stopped by tonight's rehearsal and watched the cast being put through its paces by director Jack Cirillo, music director Mark Smith and choreographer Mary Smirl.

It's always fun to watch the process unfold, as the young cast learns the dance steps, the stage movements and the terrific songs that are part of the show. I'll do my best to keep you updated as the process rolls along!

They're tackling a challenging show, but there's a lot of amazing talent in the cast - it's going to be awesome!

3 comments:

Sanctuary said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing this one! I have heard some of the music and it's great. THANK YOU for taking on something new. I hope you get HUGE audiences. May the Schwartz be with you!

-Ryan

Chuck Minsker said...

Thanks, Ryan! Of course, the show is going to be at the Experimental Theatre at Marshall University - a nifty place to stage a show - so seating will be somewhat limited (I think it seats something like 200 people). But huge audiences are always good!

Anonymous said...

I'm a mom to Samantha, one of the newbies to First Stage. She's 11 but has literally grown-up attending First Stage productions from the age of 8 months! We have attended so many productions way before she was born and it's surreal to actually watch her now in one and I believe a perfect one to start her first experience!!

Thanks as usual for your Theatre Blogs :)

- Trish Young