Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Monday, February 04, 2008

The Producers


Sorry for the lack of posting - I'm still in mourning after watching the Patriots edged out in the Super Bowl.

As I mentioned, my wife and I saw The Producers Saturday night, and we enjoyed it tremendously. I don't know if you need an actual review for this show - it's funny, it's crass, it's Mel Brooks all the way, it won a boatload of Tony Awards, and if you don't mind some off-color humor, you'll enjoy it tremendously.

The story, starring Austin Owen and Jason Simon, focuses on a Broadway producer who's had a string of flops, and his accountant, who figures out a way to make a fortune by producing a show that loses money. So the two team up to put on the worst show ever - but things don't exactly go according to plan.

The show is very funny, and the performers are outstanding. What more do you need from me? Well, you can see photos in the Herald-Dispatch photo gallery right here... and you can read the story recapping the show right here.

All I can say is, this continues to be the best season ever for the Marshall Artists Series - and if you ever get a chance to catch The Producers, go for it!

No comments: