Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Catching Up With Nick

We like to shine the ol' Tri-State Theatre blog spotlight on our local talent from time to time, and today we're catching up with Nick Reynolds, a talented actor who grew up in community theatre shows and has just graduated from Marshall University, having starred in numerous plays and musicals over the past few years.

I ran into his mom recently, and the lovely and talented Linda told me he had some big plans in the works, so I asked him to let us know what was going on. Here's what he had to say:
Hey Chuck, just letting you know about the Penn State program. I'm starting in mid-August on the main campus in State College. It's seven other first-year students and myself.

I got accepted after the audition I did for URTA's in New York back in January. URTA is a group of about 30 of the top graduate programs in the country. They hold an audition once a year in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles.

The program is a two-year, year-round MFA program. During our first summer, we spend five weeks in London studying at the Royal Shakespeare Academy, and in the second summer, we go to Toronto for several weeks of film and television acting.

At the end our our two years, we get a LORT tour that includes about 13 theatres (including the Goodspeed!!!) and then, the graduating MFA's along with the graduating musical theatre undergrads get a New York showcase, which Penn State now does without any other schools.

I've bragged enough, but I knew you would appreciate it. I want to thank you again for decades of support and the great reviews.
Hey, it ain't bragging if it's the truth - and it is! I've known Nick a long time - about 10 years ago he was a reporter on WOWK-TV's Kidsmag program, which I produced - and what a pleasure it's been to see him grow as a performer, singer and actor. He's a talented guy and it's great to see him getting this fantastic opportunity! You earned it - now go break a leg, dude!

(I mean, the Royal Shakespeare Academy? That's awesome!)

1 comment:

Sanctuary said...

Congratulations, Nick!!!!!