Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Monday, June 22, 2009

The Cast of "Rent"

The Charleston Light Opera Guild will be staging Rent in late July and early August, and they've just announced the cast for the show - and there are some names familiar to audiences in Huntington.

Here 'tis:

Mark Cohen - Chris Conrad
Roger Davis - Ryan Hardiman
Mimi Marquez - Beth Winkler
Benny Coffin, III - D'laontie Lewis
Maureen Johnson - Mara Stewart
Joanne Jefferson - Nakeila Killing
Tom Collins - Michael Barnes
Angel Schunard - Nathan Mohebbi

Ensemble:
Mark's Mom - Ann McBurney
Mr. Jefferson - Christopher Corbett
Mrs. Jefferson - Madeline Gourevich
Restaurant Man - Michael Rose
"Seasons" soloist - Sarah Plata
"Seasons" soloist - Cameron Burford
The Man - Todd Griffith
Alexis Darling - Cassie Sorrells
Roger's Mom - Jessica Sensabaugh
Vendor 2 - Kristen Pennington
Mimi's Mom, Sue - Kristan Hebbard
Paul, Mr. Gray, Dancer - Paul Shannon
Pam - Cassia King
Vendor, Dancer - Megan Green
Squeegee Man - Nicholas Foster
Bag Lady - Jessica Gardner
Vendor, Dancer - Shakira Martin
Cop, Dancer - Kevin Swafford
Caroler, Dancer - Joanna Radow

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great that you put the cast of this late July Charleston show on your blog. Why haven't you put anything about the cast and production of this summer's HUNTINGTON Outdoor Theater production of All Shook Up????

Chuck Minsker said...

Anon, You had me worried - I thought maybe I had slipped up there. But I did publish the cast list around the time it was originally announced on May 18 (I can't put a link here, but you can find it in the archives over there on the right of the main page).

I would love to update the progress of the show, but other than a brief conversation with music director Mark Smith (who said everything was going great), I haven't heard any more about it.

If you (or anyone else out there) has any info, please send it along and I'll be glad to publish it! Send in a comment or email me at TheMinskers@aol.com - that's how I get most of the info I share here!

Anonymous said...

Oops. Sorry about that, but I missed it. I suppose there may be a little egg on my face. Keep up the good work, Chuck.