Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

I've been running around this weekend, so I'm running late in saying this - but Happy Father's Day!

It's a great day because of the attention I get from my two sons, and I also like to pause and remember my dad, Walt Minsker, who passed away a decade ago.

He was a great dad and a great friend. He was born and raised in Charleston, served in the Navy during World War II aboard a minesweeper in the Philippines, and returned home to build a life. He worked for almost four decades as a salesman for Appalachian Power and raised four boys. He was smart, a hard worker, was able to fix almost anything and had a terrific sense of humor. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of him and how much he meant to me.

To all you dads out there, I hope you had a great day, too!

No comments: