Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Set the Stage

So tonight's the Tony Awards, and as Mark Evanier mentions in his blog, it's a show that usually tanks in the ratings. Even when it focuses on relatively familiar shows like "The Producers," or uses a well-known celebrity as the host (no "star" host this year - just lots of famous presenters), it usually does poorly in the ratings - and to add to its woes this year, it's up against the finale of "The Sopranos."

Still, to fans of theatre, it's a chance to sample the new shows or celebrate familiar ones, so it'll be interesting to see what they do - especially since none of the shows nominated in major categories, outside of "Mary Poppins," are known to the general public. Still I'll be watching - hope you'll join me and the other 99 people across the country!

1 comment:

J3410 Professor said...

I'll follow along Chuck. I love the Tony's and I'll be in New York next weekend so I have to decide what shows I need to catch.

The cast of Spring Awakening is also blogging live on their website at www.springawakening.com.