Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Tony Post #11

It's 10:28pm as we return - I'm hoping to get my second wind any second now.

Christopher Plummer steps out - he mentions the passing of Vincent Sarde (sp?), who ran a famous restaurant and was such a great supporter of Broadway. Next award: Best Play. The winner: "The Coast of Utopia." (I know, I'm shocked, too.)

It's a nice touch, by the way, that the poster of each show is projected behind the winners. I'm not sure why it looks like it's on fire, but it's a nice visual. Not a big deal, but I like it.

Next: Zach Braff, who admits that he likes musical theatre (the audience applauds his confession). He introduces the musical performance from "Spring Awakening." High-energy rock number - impressive! Looks like they censored themselves a few times there for the national audience, but it's definitely the best number of the night.

Commercial time!

No comments: