Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

High School Musical 2

The Disney TV movie High School Musical 2 isn't exactly aimed at my demographic, but since I'm immersed in all things HSM (1 and 2), I figured I'd give my mini-review of the early-awaited sequel (you can read a more thorough review on Monday in Angela's Stay Tuned blog).

So what did I think? Well... I liked it. It had a tall order, living up to the first film, but it largely succeeded - thank in no small part to the members of the cast, who are just as talented and likeable as ever.

They wisely brought back the supporting cast, too, and gave them a bit more to do. The songs were good, though again, not quite as memorable as the ones in the original. Still, I suspect they'll have no problem selling copies of the soundtrack. The dancing, as always, is excellent. There will be kids out there who have already learned the dance from the opening song.

I really think the only mistake was in piling on commercials and breaks with the cast celebrating the premiere, but that's just me.

My review boils down to this: if you liked the original, you'll enjoy this one, too.

Now fans can start counting the days until the inevitable High School Musical 3 (or High School Musical: The Motion Picture).

No comments: