Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Puttin' on the Ritz!

One of the most eagerly awaited shows heading towards Broadway is the adaptation of the Mel Brooks comedy, Young Frankenstein. It'll be a while before most of us can see it, but the show is on stage in Seattle, working out the rough edges - and you read a review of that show by visiting Mark Evanier's "News From ME" website.

But be warned: the review gives away some of the gags from the show. Of course, if you know the movie by heart (like a certain blog writer I could name), you can already recite the lines right along with the cast. Being a big fan of Mr. Brooks (well, most of his work), I'm really looking forward to seeing this show.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can one not enjoy a Mel brooks show. I have a question how do I submit things to you. I have a topic I would like to see done that would be a good one and you may agree. This is Zach D by the way eamil me and answer please

Chuck Minsker said...

Zach, I'd be glad to hear your idea - you can either send it in as a comment and write at the top "DO NOT PUBLISH" or you can email me at TheMinskers@aol.com. Whichever works better for you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Chuck....this is Macy and Ravans mom from CATS. Macy is ushering at the theatre where Young Frankenstein will be and she is thrilled about the show. She has been in NYC for 2 months now and school is great. She told me to look out on facebook for pictures of her and Mel Brooks coming soon! Thanks Shirlee Zak

Chuck Minsker said...

Shirlee, What exciting news! I'm so jealous - I've been a huge fan of Mel Brooks for a long time! Try to forward that photo to me and I'll post it here, too - and I'd love to hear any updates about her experiences at the theatre. Great to hear that Macy is doing well in NY - I fully expect to see both girls appearing on the Broadway stage sometime in the future!