Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

ARTS Announces Its Upcoming Season

My pal Bil Neal sends along this note announcing the upcoming season for ARTS - and it's a great one!

The shows will be presented at the Renaissance Theater (which is the old Huntington High School, natch). He writes:
As the Chairman of the Production Committee it's my pleasure to announce the following plays:

Baby (the musical) will be performed in the ballroom August 20, 21, 22, 27, 28 and 29 with Eddie Harbert directing. Details will follow soon, but this is a continuation of our dinner theatre presentations. It's a story of three couples at three different stages of life and their reactions to having a baby. A little poignancy, a little hilarity.

Will Roger's Follies will be on the main stage October 15, 16, 17, 22, 23 and 24. I couldn't find where it's been done in the area before - and we're proud to produce it. This is a combination of Will Roger's life and stories along with the showmanship of the Zeigfeld Follies. We'll be looking for showgirls, cowboys and a guy who's never met a man he didn't like. Proficiency with rope tricks will move you to the front of the audition line.

Finally, I'm delighted to announce that ARTS is one of the first community theatres in the country to be given the rights to produce The Drowsy Chaperone. We'll be mounting that on the main stage April 1, 2, 3, 8, 9 and 10 in 2011.

There's obviously a lot of details to follow, but I wanted your readers to be the first to know. You may also have noticed that I'm only announcing one project's director. We're certainly open. Anyone interested in such a project can call me at ARTS at 304-733-2787

2 comments:

eddie_harbert said...

Hi Bil! Just wanted to point out that you spelled my name wrong! It's Eddie Harbert. Don't worry though, everyone seems to have trouble with it. That's why when I was teaching all the kids just called me Mr. Eddie! See ya!

Chuck Minsker said...

Eddie, Bil sent in a correction but I just got around to fixing the post - sorry about that! I wondered who that Heberlin guy was! ;-)