Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Stealthy Shows

Here at your Tri-State Theatre blog we try to keep you notified about shows being offered in the Tri-State area - but it's not always easy.

Some shows are staged without word of it ever reaching me - a fate that almost happened to the upcoming production of The Vagina Monologues.

I was at a restaurant in downtown Huntington last week and noticed a poster for the show, but I didn't get a look at when or where it was being presented.

Then a friend (who shall go nameless) sent this email:
The Marshall Women's Studies Department, I believe, is doing The Vagina Monologues this weekend and the proceeds are going to the Golden Girls group home.
And that's all I know so far. I'm not sure where the show will be presented, or even exactly when - but I'll keep trying to track it down.

A reminder, then, to one and all - to get the word out, all you have to do is send notes to the news outlets listing the show, time, place and any other basic information. Send it to me at TheMinskers@aol.com and I'll be glad to promote it here, too.

As a good friend once said, "I make it a point not to go to see shows I don't know about." Don't put on a stealthy show - send out the word!

2 comments:

Mel Larch said...

Speaking of sending out the word, don't forget the last three performances of CYAC's "Romeo & Juliet"! They're tonight, tomorrow, and Saturday (4/1 - 4/3) at the WVSU Capitol Center Theatre in Charleston. Curtain time is 8:00 PM.

And TVM is a great show! I've done four different productions of it here in Charleston. It hasn't been done here for a while, so it's good to see someone else taking up the cause!

Chuck Minsker said...

Thanks for the reminder, Mel! I'llpost this on the main page to remind one and all!