Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Rehearsing "Camelot"

I had fun this evening at the rehearsal for the 5th Avenue Theatre production of Camelot.

The show is almost a month away, so rehearsals continue as the cast prepares for the production in the last two weekends in April at Huntington's City Hall auditorium.

The classic tale of King Arthur, Guenevere and Sir Lancelot comes to life in this musical by Lerner and Lowe.

I'm prejudiced, of course, but I've been a fan of this show since discovering the soundtrack in my Grandma Hill's record collection. The show features some terrific songs, lots of humor, a sweet love story, magic - who could ask for more?

The cast is amazingly talented (though I'm not too sure about the bearded guy who plays Sir Lionel) and everyone's having fun at rehearsals.

I'll have lots more about this show in the weeks ahead, including the challenge of working around animals, and the challenge for a certain knight to learn to sing and dance at the same time.

No comments: