Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Monday, March 08, 2010

The Winner of This Year's Oscar Competition Is...

Thanks to everyone who entered our Oscar competition this year - it was a small but mighty group! (Perhaps our recent website change temporarily shook off some of our regulars.)

At any rate, here are the results for our runners-up:

Zach : 3 of 8
Stephen : 5 of 8
Jon : 6 of 8

And our winner - none other than my pal Mark Hayes, with a stunning 8 of 8! An amazing performance, worthy of bragging rights for the year!

Like yours truly, Mark usually winds up in the lower levels of this competition, so congrats to him for a perfect run!

Of course, I should mention that I, too, went 8 for 8 this year (incredible, I know) - but I can't win my own competition (I just audit the course), so hats off to Mark, our 2010 Oscar Contest Winner! The bragging rights are all yours!

5 comments:

marshallmark said...

I would like to thank my agent, my co-stars, my lovely family and of course my fellow competitors -- who's failures paved the way for my victory.

I will wear the crown with honor and dignity (until Denise knocks it off next year).

And, Chuck, you can borrow the crown if you'd like. ;o)

Chuck Minsker said...

(Orchestra starts playing music loudly.)

Congrats again, Mark! Hey, you know it's a crazy Oscar show when mugs like you and me get 'em all right!

zach d said...

well i must say it is no surprise that I ended up last once more! Maybe I will come up with yet another startegy and be the underdog to win the tony picks!( or at least top 3) My failures are many but that makes a victory all the more better.

zach d said...

I would like to also add that the 8 categories u focus on are the ones my picks fail me but in all the others that we dont do I do really good in! maybe next year we can have 10-15 choices to make it a lil more challenging. I think it would be fun to add in a couple random categories like costume and make-up. those are key theatre elements after all!

Chuck Minsker said...

Zach, that's a good point - I kept the choices down to eight thinking that would make it easier for everyone (and those are the categories we care about the most) - maybe next year we'll expand it a bit and see how that goes.