Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Comments from the "Peanuts" Cast

So for the next couple of days we'll be running excerpts from e-interviews with some of the talented young cast members from You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown and Snoopy!!! The Musical.

Both those shows take the stage at the Huntington City Hall auditorium Thursday night at 8 p.m., and both are highly recommended!

Here's what the cast had to say:

Q: Tell us about the parts you play.

Meg Barber: I play Lucy in Snoopy!!! The Musical, and it is so much fun. She is a crabby and bossy character, and is very interesting to play. Were alike in a lot of ways.

Kristin Caviani: I am Snoopy in Snoopy!!! The Musical. Snoopy's a very confident character that confides in his best buddy Woodstock.

Rileigh Smirl: I play Woodstock (in Snoopy!!! The Musical) and he is kind of like Snoopy's #1 fan. He never says a word, always pantomimes and even if it's crazy, Woodstock will go along with what Snoopy is saying. Woodstock uses many props in the show so instead of clapping with hands he will clap with one of those toy hands and most of the time instead of saying something he will act it out.

Levi Kelly: I play Charlie Brown in You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown. He's probably the most depressed little kid you'll ever meet in your life. He has all these things 'wrong' with him, and the rest of the Peanuts gang doesn't seem to let him forget it either.

Catherine Dennison: I play a baseball player, a cloud, a blanket and a normal person. When I play a baseball player I am a part of the actual team on stage. Me, as well as the "Charlie Brown" cast leads and three others are members of the classic baseball scene. When I am a cloud we get to act out the formations Snoopy sings about. As a blanket we are dancing blankets for "My Blanket and Me" and it is a blast! We are part of the cast numbers that show all of our unique talents very well.

Taranee Karimpour: I play a bunch of parts, like the Little Pigtailed Girl, who is a little kid who takes part in the Peanuts adventure, a puppy (in one part, little Snoopy), and a bird.

Q: What's your favorite part about being in this show?

Taranee Karimpour: I love every single thing about it - the music, the movement, but most especially, the people (who are THE BEST!)

Catherine Dennison: My favorite part is when we are all warmed up and we feel the energy and our friends around us and sing our hearts out and it sounds amazing!

Kristin Caviani: My favorite part about any show is the people you meet and every night when the curtain opens. It's such a rush! I have made life-long friends that I know I will never forget thanks to theater and I am eternally grateful. I have seen kids grow up, and people have seen me grow up too! We're all just like a family.

Meg Barber: My favorite part about doing this show, is getting to be with these amazing people. Clint and Tommy are so fun to work with, and have great ideas when it comes to acting. Mary is just so talented, and I am honored to work with her, and Chris and Karen are so great, and we had a lot of fun when we were learning the music.

Levi Kelley: Working with such wonderful and talented people. I love my fellow castmates and wouldn't trade them for anyone in the world. I think we've all really become a close group of friends like the Peanuts gang. We all love each other and really depend on each other.

Rileigh Smirl: My favorite part would have to be getting to be Kristin Caviani's Woodstock! She is like a sister to me. She will help me with cues and props, saying, "Here's a list of numbers in order from Act One to Act Two" to "Clint, Rileigh needs two extra minutes to find her prop."

Thanks to the cast for taking part in our e-interview! We'll have more comments soon!

No comments: