Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

"Cats" Countdown Continues

So this morning I dropped by my church to unlock the doors to allow for a (rare) Saturday rehearsal for a local show - in this case, it was for "Cats," which First Stage Theatre Company will be presenting at Huntington's City Hall in a couple of weeks.

Since I'm not directly involved with the show (other than unlocking the door for rehearsals), I've tried to avoid watching the auditions - it's much more fun to be surprised by the finished product on stage. However, what I have seen looks amazing. These young dancers are amazingly talented and are tackling routines that would be difficult for the most experienced dancers. But I shouldn't be surprised - these young performers are the top talents from several local schools.

I've seen some of the makeup designs and a few of the costumes, and I'm amazed at the high quality - they're truly outstanding.

I've never seen "Cats" before, except for a number or two on video - which doesn't count, since a live performance is so much more entertaining - and it's been a long time since I looked forward to seeing a show as much as I'm looking forward to this one.

Better reserve those tickets now - this is a show you'll want to see more than once!

No comments: