Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Derek's Run Is Over

Somewhat shockingly (at least to me), Derek Keeling received the fewest votes after last week's show and was voted off the "Grease: You're the One That I Want" show tonight.

I loved the reaction shot as one of the judges, with a shocked look on her face, said, "Wow." Perhaps she realizes they just lost the guy who should have won. (Well, that's the way I'm reading it.)

None of this should hurt Derek, though - the show has at least given him lots of exposure and should provide a good launching point for his career - I'm sure we'll be hearing more from him soon.

You can read a good recap of the show on Angela's "Stay Tuned" blog - the link is over there on the right.

The real winner tonight is me, because with Derek gone, I no longer care about this show at all and don't have to sit through it again (the things I do for you, dear readers). Sorry, but as far as I'm concerned, it's just an ultra-cheesy version of "American Idol." (Don't get me wrong - I enjoy "Idol.")

2 comments:

Angela Henderson-Bentley said...

Chuck, you took the words right out of my mouth.

I've posted a little reality check about the show on my blog.

And I admit. I might tune in for the last few minutes Sunday. But if Austin wins, I'm going to be upset...

Chuck Minsker said...

Thanks, Angela! I'll depend on your blog to tell me who the final winner was. And yes, I fully expect Austin to win - a few other websites have suggested that the producers wanted him all along, which is why they've been more than kind in appraising his performances. Actually, Max is the better performer - but that doesn't mean he'll win, obviously.