Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Tuckered Out

The last performance of the First Stage Theatre production of "Cats" was held this afternoon - hope you were part of the sold-out crowd who saw it!

After the show was over, the last order of business (as always) was to strike the set - in other words, tear it down and store away the pieces until the next show. It's a big job, including lots of cleaning and carrying. Somehow I ended up driving the truck to the storage building, but the cast and their parents did most of the heavy lifting - luckily for me and my ever-aging physique.

The show was a terrific success, and I'll have some final thoughts about it - but they'll have to wait 'til tomorrow. I'm too tired to type. (But it's a good tired.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter and I were in the front row this time!! The show got better each time we saw it and we enjoyed staying to applaude the recognitions!! First Stage is First Rate!!

Chuck Minsker said...

The best I could manage was the 20th row! But the show was great from there, too. ;-)