Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

A Word to the Wise...

I finally got to see "Cats" again, as my wife and youngest son joined me at Saturday night's show. I had hoped to see it again before now, but a battle with the flu kept me away from the public until now.

I am so glad to have seen it again - if anything, it's even better than when I saw the dress rehearsal last week. The minor technical problems have been cured, and the cast is even sharper than ever - just a tremendous achievement in community theatre!

By the way, my family agrees with my assessment - they loved the show! That's also true for the audience - a sold-out crowd roared their approval through the show, and I wasn't sure they were going to let the cast off the stage - the cheers were loud, long and well deserved.

I'll have a complete recap tomorrow, but a word to the wise - don't miss tomorrow's final performance at 2:30 p.m. at Huntington's City Hall - and go early to get your ticket, because this one might sell out, too.

No comments: