Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Derek's in the Top Two

For this week, at least - so he heads into the semi-finals next week, still vying for the part of Danny in the upcoming Broadway production of "Grease."

Angela offers a great wrap-up of the show on her "Stay Tuned" blog (which you should be reading daily anyway - the link is over there on the right). I enjoyed the comment by one of the judges on tonight's show that the "Grease: You're the One That I Want" show is much more difficult than any Broadway audition. I'm sure that's true, since most auditions only require you to sing and/or dance and/or act a couple of times - not several times every week in front of a live audience.

I predicted last week that it would come down to Derek and Austin for the final spot, but I'm beginning to believe America is actually voting on the basis of talent - in which case, it'll come down to Derek and Max. I stick by my conviction that, all prejudice aside, if I was making the choice, I'd pick Derek. If the selection was on voice alone, maybe Max would win - but you have to cast the person who "is" the character (or at least comes closest to your vision of the character), and that's Derek.

Next week, the one eliminated is chosen strictly by the votes. We'll see if America agrees with me!

No comments: