Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

"High School Musical" Update

It's been a while since I updated our progress on this front. For those who came in late, First Stage Theatre Company is planning to stage "High School Musical" in the fall, with yours truly directing. We've been assembling the directing team, and we're very close to a deal that will help make this show truly memorable. I hope to be able to share that exciting news very soon.

But first, I'm thrilled to announce that two more team members signed on this evening. Amy Browning has agreed to be on the team, although we never got around to deciding exactly what her title will be. Until we find out otherwise, I'm assuming she'll be the Assistant Director and Choreographer, and I'm thrilled to work with her. We've worked on several shows together, including "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat," "Les Miserables: School Edition" and many others. What can I tell you? She's awesome!

Also joining the team is Jeanette Bills, who'll be heading up costuming. She's another veteran of numerous shows, a longtime board member for First Stage, she's incredibly talented and a heck of a hard worker. I'm glad to have her on the team!

I love it when a plan comes together!

No comments: