Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

With apologies to the band Chicago, I thought I'd respond to a recent comment from my pal Mark. Referring to a recent post, he wrote:
Chuck...really... You posted this at 3:42 a.m.?? Do you need some warm milk and a bedtime story? Geez! LOL
As I told Mark: No, I wasn't posting at 3:42 a.m. - but I should explain that the times listed on the blog aren't always what they seem.

Part of the reason for that is that the company that hosts the site - Blogger - is based on the west coast, so all the times listed are Pacific time. So if I publish a post at 6:00 p.m., it shows up as being posted at 3:00 p.m. (This is especially noticeable on the rare occasions when I live blog, and I seem to be publishing three hours before the event.) There's probably a way to fix this, but I'm not computer savvy enough to figure it out, so I just live with it.

But the confusion doesn't stop there. Blogger also allows me to schedule posts to pop up at any time - so I often schedule the posts randomly, just for the fun of it, and to give you, gentle reader, a good reason to check back here. I try to post here at least once a day, but it would be boring if the post always showed up at the same time. I know, I'm weird. But it's a good kind of weird, right? Right?

No comments: