Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!



Hope you're having a great holiday, gentle reader!

It's the time of year when we honor those who have passed before us and who made it possible for us to enjoy the freedom and security we take so much for granted - like the Soldiers on Iwo Jima, pictured here in one of the most famous photos of all time.

I've had quite a few of my ancestors who fought for this country, including my earliest known ancestor, Ludwig Von Minsker (no, I am not making this up) who fought in the Revolutionary War, to my grandfather, Pearl R. Hill, who fought in World War I, and my dad, Walt Minsker, who served in the Navy aboard a minesweeper in the Philippines during World War II.

Today's the day to bow your head and send a kind thought to your ancestors, too. We owe them a debt that can never be repaid - and should never be forgotten.

Heroes one and all!

No comments: