Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Thankfully Rare Event


I don't know about your neighborhood, but mine is buzzing - thanks to the swarms of cicadas that are putting in a brief appearance.

The big bugs burrow out of the ground and fly around, making a cumulatively loud buzzing noise worthy of any science fiction movie. They leave behind their husks and then they go away for another 17 years.

The Herald-Dispatch has a photo gallery with several shots of the visitors, including this one by Melissa Bossie in Charleston, who calls them "Beautiful bugs!"

Like I always say, it takes all kinds. You can see more photos right here.

(Yes, I know this has nothing to do with theatre - but I figure since they visit so rarely, the least I could do is give the cicadas a mention.)

No comments: