Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Blacked Out

The storm that swept through the area yesterday knocked out my Internet connection, so the ol' Tri-State Theatre blog was temporarily shut down - but seems to be back in business now.

Still no word on my long-delayed surprise announcement, which I hereby vow to not mention again until I can actually say what it is (or was).

Many thanks to my pal Clint McElroy for his commentary - I need to get him to write more often, especially if he's going to talk about me in such glowing terms. I was positively blushing! By the way, the easy way to tell us apart is to look at the top of our heads. One has hair - the other doesn't.

Have I mentioned High School Musical auditions are coming up? Oh, OK.

At any rate, it's good to be back!

3 comments:

Angela Henderson-Bentley said...

Okay, since you can't give us your announcement, maybe you can take up another issue...

For those of us who are completely obsessed with the "High School Musical" movie (and as you know, that includes me), what major differences are there between it and the stage version? I know there's an additional song, but are there any other big changes that people will notice?

I didn't get a chance to see the production in Ashland, so I don't know what it looks like on the stage. So I am really looking forward to this one.

You'll know me in the audience by my "HSM" t-shirt, hat and purse...

I'm kidding. I don't have any of those...yet!

Chuck Minsker said...

Angela, I don't have the script right in front of me, but the changes are pretty minor. A new character has been added to help bridge the gap between scenes - he's the school announcer. There are a couple of new songs, and a reprise or two of existing songs. A few scenes have been slightly reworked to adjust for the stage, and a few things happen offstage (but again, they're minor). Otherwise, the show is pretty faithful to the movie.
And if you don't have any "HSM" merchandise yet, maybe we'll have some for sale at the performance. ;-)

Angela Henderson-Bentley said...

Okay, I'll be sure to hit the ATM before I come...:)