Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Something About Mary


My pal Mary Smirl (that's her in the photo taken by Lori Wolfe) has been involved in local dance and theatre for quite a few years now. She's directed a number of shows, including Schoolhouse Rock Live and A Christmas Carol, and she's been the choreographer on even more, including the recent Cats, Seussical the Musical, and Peter Pan, just to name a few.

We've both been on the board at First Stage Theatre Company longer than we'd care to admit, and she's always been a tireless advocate of making dance and theatre available to kids in the area. There's a great story in today's paper spotlighting Mary and her new dance studio - you can read it right here.

And since she reads this blog, let me just say - Hi, Mary! Congratulations on the new studio!

5 comments:

Sanctuary said...

hehe Chuck's headline cracked me up.

Congratulations on your upcoming studio opening, Mary! How exciting! You deserve it. I know you'll You have a lot of support from your friends. You go, tiny dancer!

Anonymous said...

Big Congrats, Mary!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Chuck, getting a mention on your blog is an honor!!! And just think, if you ever need a place for dance rehearsals for any show you are doing "mi casa su casa" ...or something like that. In other words, if you have one of those nights that the church is booked and you guys need a place to practice just yell and my studio is there for you. I mean it, I have two nice size rooms that would work well for singing in one and dancing or blocking in the other. We will never be out in the cold again! For real, yell if you need and Thanks again for the mention:)And by the way, I won't tell how long if you won't...wow, we are old, huh?

Chuck Minsker said...

Thanks, Mary - I appreciate the offer! (And no doubt I'll be taking you up on that one of these days soon.)
As to the getting old thing, I just want to know how it is that you're as beautiful as ever while I'm bald, gray-haired and getting rounder all the time? Give us a shot off that fountain of youth, willya? ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm really really really really happy for you! :)