Title

Tri-State Theater

Let's discuss upcoming shows, secrets behind the scenes, things you never knew about the theater and why live theater is so darn entertaining.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mom!

That's right, today is my Mom's actual birthday - and even though she insists that it's her 29th yet again, I'm starting to wonder about that, especially since I'm 51. I know she can work miracles, but really now...

Still, my family and my brother Eric's family and daughter-in-law Diane took her to a nice lunch in Charleston at the Tidewater Grill, where we had a great meal and had a ringside seat to the police wrestling a young man to the ground and taking him away in cuffs. Usually you'd have to pay for a dinner and a show.

But Mom is doing well, I love her with all my heart and it's always great to spend time with her and the family, so it made for a nice day.

(Hey, Chuck - aren't you supposed to be writing about local theatre? - Ye Editor)

Ahem! Oh yeah - theatre fans, tune in tomorrow evening for the cast list for First Stage Theatre Co.'s production of High School Musical. And we might have some other news this week, too. Maybe.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Chuck,

I just checked out the HSM cast. Looks like it's going to be great. Good luck!

Denise

Chuck Minsker said...

Thanks, Denise. But it doesn't seem right to be doing a show that doesn't have a LaCara in it! Durn kids, growing up like that... ;-)